Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is responsible for the two largest acute hospitals in the county, Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals.
These specialist hospitals provide emergency care, specialist inpatient care and outpatient appointments to our urban and rural communities within Gloucestershire and further afield.
In recent years there has been significant financial investment at both hospitals, resulting in state-of-the-art buildings and facilities for patients.
Included in the specialist services we provide are:
- State-of-the-art critical care facilities at both hospitals which combined, is one of the largest departments of its kind in the country
- Specialist cancer care from our Oncology Centre which serves patients from Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire as the hub of the three counties cancer centre
- Birth units in Stroud, Cheltenham and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals and a brand new Women's Centre offering women a choice during labour. All maternity units offer award-winning aromatherapy services for women in labour
- Two A&E departments
- Paediatric services which were recently commended by the Care Quality Commission
- The first Mobile Chemotherapy Unit in the world to help us bring this life-saving treatment closer to patients' homes
- State-of-the-art digital breast screening centre, one of the largest in the country
- Dedicated support and advice for carers in line with our Carer's Policy
- A comprehensive, high quality pathology service for the communities, which extends beyond the boundries of Gloucestershire
- Outreach services in community hospitals such as outpatients clinics, diagnostics and minor surgery, helping to provide care closer to patients' homes
- Research facilities for our staff, many of whom are world leaders in the field of healthcare and teaching.
Both Gloucestershire Royal and Cheltenham General Hospitals have excellent on site catering facilities for both patients and visitors as well as WRVS shops. Gloucestershire Royal Hospital also benefits from a multi-storey car park.