Join our foundation trust
From sharing your thoughts and ideas to influencing the way we provide hospital services, from electing our governors to becoming a governor yourself – there are many ways you can help us as a member.
All foundation trusts must have members and the larger and more involved our membership is, and the more closely it reflects the different communities we treat as patients, the better. We need as many interested people as possible to join us – and we'd love you and your friends and family to be one of them.
Join us today – it's quick and easy and it is free.
If you live in Gloucestershire you can become a member of the Trust for free. When you register as a member, you can have real input into shaping the future of our hospitals. We have around 12,000 members of our Trust.
Find out more about the Trust.
Why become a member?
As a member you will...
- receive a newsletter three times a year, keeping you up to date with news and developments at our hospitals
- be invited to seminars/tours, meetings and events to gain an inside view on your hospital on various departments and specialities
- be invited to have your say about the future of the hospitals and services we provide to you
- be able to vote for a Governor or stand as a Governor. Find out more about Governors
- learn about volunteering opportunities and other ways you can get involved
- benefit from discounts on many purchases through NHS Discounts
Who can become a member?
- Anyone who lives in Gloucestershire can become a member (must be 15 or over)
- Anyone who lives outside Gloucestershire and has been a patient in one of our hospitals in the last years three years can become a member (must be15 or over)
- Anyone who lives outside Gloucestershire and has cared or is caring for someone who is currently a patient at one of our hospitals or who has been a patient in the last three years
- All Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust employees are automatically registered as members when they join the Trust.
If you have any further questions about becoming a member of our Trust please email us at email@example.com or call freephone 0800 019 3303. Alternatively you can write to us at:
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
Great Western Road
Gloucester GL1 3NN
Please note: Any information given to the Trust in connection with the NHS Foundation Trust status will only be used for that purpose. Names of members will be included on a public register. No other personal details will be released to a third party without your written authority. The information will be stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.