Our commitment to you
You can expect to be cared for with respect and dignity, compassion and kindness, and supported to take responsibility for your health whenever possible. Therefore, whilst in our care:-
- You will be involved in decisions about your care and treatment.
- Our doctors, nurses and other health professionals will explain your condition to you. They will discuss the types of treatment that are appropriate for you and the risks and benefits of each. They will answer your questions and if you agree to treatment, will ask you to sign a consent form. A copy of the form will be given to you.
- We will do our best not to cancel any procedures planned for you, and if cancelled we will tell you why, and when they are to be restored.
- With your agreement, we will keep your relatives and friends informed about your condition.
- All of our patients will be treated fairly according to their health needs, regardless of their age, gender, race, or disability.
- We will respect your personal privacy and dignity and will be sensitive to your spiritual, religious and cultural needs at all times.
- With the exception of some emergency, urgent or critical care areas, you will be cared for in single-sex sleeping accommodation. Toilets and bathrooms will not be shared with people of the opposite sex.
- We will respect the confidentiality of your personal information and keep your health records secure.
- We will tell you how and when information about you needs to be shared with others.
- Good quality food will be provided throughout your stay and you will be able to choose your meals and snacks from our menus.
- All our facilities will be maintained to a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness.