The experience of patients is one of the three elements of Quality Care in the NHS. Working together (patients, staff and carers) we can achieve a positive experience for all. This includes listening and responding to the views and experience of our patients and carers and learning from our mistakes.
The Patient Experience Team
What the Patient Experience Team do
- Receives and Coordinates responses to complaints, concerns, comments and compliments (4C's) through the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) and Complaints Team.
- Provides advice and support to staff in measuring and recording how our patients and carers feel about their care in our hospitals through the Friends and Family Test.
- Manages the Care Quality Commission National Survey Programme for the Trust and Local Patient/Carers Surveys.
- Facilitates with staff the development of information for patients and carers on services, health conditions, care and treatment.
- Manages the Health Information Room, located in the atrium at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, a resource for patients, carers and staff.
- Manages the recruitment and engagement of members as a Foundation Trust.
- Recruits, manages and supports volunteers, enhancing the experience of patients.
- Provides specialist advice and guidance in the implementation of the Disability Equality legislation throughout the Trust.
The team also has strong links with community and statutory organisations which represent interested groups throughout Gloucestershire.
PALS - ext 6831 (GRH)
Patient Experience - ext 5736 (GRH)
Voluntary Services - ext 6648 or 6690 (GRH), ext 3451 (CGH)
Complaints - ext 5779 (GRH)
Health Information Room - ext 5732 (GRH)