Dr. Sally Chown
Qualified London, 1988
MRCP (UK) 1991
Undergraduate training in London. Post graduate training Bristol and Leeds.
Appointed as consultant haematologist in Gloucester Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in January 1998. I am the Lead for transfusion services and have been Head of Department between 2002 and 2007. I have worked part-time (mon-wed) since having children.
The haematology service is provided across the county by a team including consultants, middle grade doctors and nurse specialists. I am based at GRH and see out-patients at GRH but in-patients at both GRH and in the oncology centre at CGH.
Outpatient Clinics with Dr. Chown are held at the following sites: -
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
• Secretary 0300 422 5251
Outpatient Booking Office 0300 422 5985
All Haematology patients requiring an overnight stay in Hospital will be admitted to Cheltenham General or Gloucestershire Royal Hospital, depending on the reason for admittance.
Great Western Road
|Edward Jenner Clinic
Monday am - New patients
Tuesday am - Follow-up patients
All sessions are weekly.
A variety of conditions, including: -
- Acute and chronic leukaemias
- Low grade and high grade lymphomas
- Auto-immune conditions (ITP, auto-immune haemolytic anaemia)
- Myelodysplastic diseases
- Myeloproliferative diseases
- Bone Marrow failure syndromes
- Blood clotting disorders (bleeding and thrombosis)
A full range of Haematology Procedures, including: -
- Bone marrow aspirate and trephines
- Blood transfusions
- Platelet transfusions
- Oral and intravenous chemotherapy
- Autologous bone marrow / stem cell transplants
- Anti-coagulant therapy