Safeguarding Adults at Risk Level 3
Trust in-house Safeguarding Adults at Risk Level 3 case based training is delivered as a 1.5 hour face to face session. Training update frequency is every three years.
For further information or if you are in doubt about whether this training is essential for your role please email Lynne McEwan, Trust Senior Nurse/Safeguarding Adult Sister) or phone 0300 422 5682.
Staff must please complete the following ahead of attending the Level 3 case based training
- Safeguarding (Level 1) eLearning
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults L2 eLearning
- Safeguarding Children Level 2 eLearning
- Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Level 1 eLearning
- Dementia Awareness Level 1 eLearning
- The patient with a Learning Disability eLearning
- Delirium e-learning
- To have read Trust Safeguarding Adult at Risk Policy – and please visit our Trust Safeguarding Website
- To understand Trust and Multi-agency Safeguarding Adult at Risk policy and processes.
- To understand your role and responsibility as part of our Trust policy and Gloucestershire Safeguarding Adults at Risk Multi-Agency Policy and Procedures
- To understand possible signs and indicators of abuse or neglect, including self-neglect.
- To understand actions to take in responding to and reporting a safeguarding adult at risk concern and immediate actions to take to Safeguard following Trust and Multi-agency safeguarding vulnerable adult policy and processes.
- To understand how the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards support Safeguarding Adults at Risk.
- To understand prevention actions in relation to care delivery within our Trust.
- To understand Trust Safeguarding Adult at Risk Allegations Management Protocol and Process.
- To learn from case examples.
Who should complete the training
The following groups of staff are required to complete this training:
- Lead Nurses/Matrons
- Band 6 and Band 7 ward based nurses
- Band 7 nurses within clinical departments
- Site Managers
- Maternity Bleep Holders
- Nursing and Midwifery Divisional Directors
- Health Psychologists
- Nurse Consultants
- Nurse Specialists - dependent on role and with agreement of line manager
- Practice and Education Support Nurses
- Lecture Practitioners
- Trust Safeguarding Strategic Adult Board members
- Trust Safeguarding Leads
- Integrated Discharges Team
- Allied Health Care Professionals who regularly work with adults at risk
- Medical Teams in clinical areas other than Unscheduled Care
All health care teams working within Unscheduled Care should not attend this training. They should instead attend the one day dedicated Unscheduled Care Safeguarding training (please email Jeanette Welsh, Practice Development Sister, Unscheduled Care).
This course is a face2face course and staff must book on to the course using the link below;
Length of Course:
Bookings can only be made from
a PC on the trust network.