We have made some temporary changes to how you can access emergency care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
Last updated: 10 June 2020
The following temporary changes will apply to emergency care in our hospitals:
- Cheltenham General Hospital (CGH) A&E will become a Minor Injuries and Illness Unit (MIIU), open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital (GRH) will provide a 24 hour A&E including 999 ambulances, GP referrals, children’s emergencies, MIIU and maternity care
Find out more information about NHS services in Gloucestershire.
Minor Injuries and Illness Units (MIIUs)
You can continue to access the following Minor Injuries and Illness Units (MIIUs):
- Lydney (8am - 8pm)
- Stroud (8am - 8pm)
- Cirencester (8am - 8pm)
- North Costwolds (8am - 8pm)
- Tewkesbury (8am - 8pm)
- The Vale (10am - 6pm) effective from 1 October 2020
MIIU services are currently suspended at:
- The Dilke, near Cinderford (nearest alternative, Lydney)
Find information about minor injuries and illness units near you.
Children's emergency services
We have made changes to how children and young people should access the Emergency Department (A&E) at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
If you are aged 16 or under or your child needs emergency treatment, you should go to the Children’s Centre entrance in the diagram, below.