Post-graduate Medical Education
The department of Postgraduate Medical Education supports the education and development of doctors in training, staff grade and Associate Specialists (SAS) as well as Consultants throughout their career.
We are part of Health Education South West - Severn and work closely with them to deliver important healthcare priorities and assist them in monitoring our progress.
We strive to ensure all doctors in Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have a high quality induction to the Trust and department, experience good educational and clinical supervision which facilitates their learning in a safe environment.
We support and organise a wide range of clinical and educational skill development courses from Training the Trainers and Professional and Generic Skills to Simulation Training, Medical Grand Rounds and much more besides.
The departmental culture is open, friendly and supportive of all doctors and we are happy to address any queries regarding education and training.
- Director of Medical Education: Dr Kim Benstead 0300 422 5301
- PA to Director of Medical Education: Sarah Antrobus-Holder 0300 422 5301
- Medical Educations and Facilities Manager: Samantha Taylor 0300 422 4291 or 6096
- Clinical Tutor for ongoing professional development: Dr Hugo Hunton and Dr Russell Peak
- Clinical Tutor for post-graduate medical education: Dr Peter Fletcher
- Specialty doctor in ENT and SAS: Dr Susannah Jenkin 0300 422 3058 or 6619
- Consultant Oncologist and Humanities and Ethics Tutor: Dr Sam Guglani
- Appraisal lead for senior medical staff: Dr Eleanor Beattie
- Foundation Programme Co-ordinator: Marion Thompson 0300 422 6727
- GPST training programme administrator: Hilary Carter 0300 422 3037
- GP medical education administrator: Lindsey Buckenham 0300 422 4292
- Study leave co-ordinator and Foundation Programme administrator: Karen Goodall 0300 422 6091
- PGME and GGPET administrator and E-induction co-ordinator: Rachel Gadsden 0300 422 3058
- Course co-ordinator: Carol Welsh 0300 422 3038
- Course co-ordinator: Anita Donaldson 0300 422 3038
Post-graduate Medical Education at Cheltenham General Hospital
- General enquiries: 0300 422 3038
- Email: email@example.com
Post-graduate Medical Education at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- General enquiries: 0300 422 5194
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org