Essential maintenance work at the Women’s Centre GRH, Saturday 25 March
Maintenance work at the Women’s Centre on Saturday 25 March means that hot water will be unavailable from 8am – 5pm.
This work affects:
Antenatal, Postnatal and Gynae clinic appointments on the ground floor
All clinic rooms and corridors will remain open; however, please take extra care with pushchairs and small children as temporary scaffolding will be in place
Maternity Ward, Delivery Suite, Gloucester Birth Unit, Neonatal Unit
There will be no hot water from 8am – 5pm.
- For women and birthing people alternative washing/ cleaning will be available in the form of waterless wipes. You may wish to bring extra wipes with you
- If you are on the Maternity Ward, we advise you to shower before the shut-off time at 8am
- Cleaning babies during nappy changes will still be possible, You may wish to bring in baby wipes with you
- If there is a clinical need for your baby to be washed, this will be done using warmed sterilised water on our Neonatal Unit
- Birthing pools will not be available for this short period; however, birthing pools are available at Stroud Maternity, please discuss your options with your midwife.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused during this short-term essential work and thank you for your understanding.