Making our hospitals safer
We're listening to patients, carers and staff, learning from what they say when things go wrong and taking action to improve patients' safety.
We know that healthcare carries some risks and that while we work hard every day to reduce this risk, harm still happens. We are committed to doing all we can to deliver 'harm free' care for every patient, every time.
Sign up to Safety
We joined the national Sign up to Safety campaign which was launched by NHS England in 2014, with the aim of making the NHS the safest healthcare system in the world.
Our commitment to you
We need to give patients confidence that we are doing all we can to ensure that the care they receive will be safe and effective at all times.
We foster an open culture where raising concerns and learning from mistakes is encouraged. The work of our safety team includes:
- A proactive approach to incident reporting
- The establishment of a successful training academy - the Gloucestershire Safety & Quality Improvement Academy (GSQIA)
- Regular visits to clinical areas by Executive team members with a focus on safety
- A commitment to learning from incidents
- Delivery of a range of patient and staff safety improvement initiatives, both national and local.
Read more about Keeping you Safe