Making our hospitals safer
We're listening to patients, carers and staff, learning from what they say when things go wrong and taking action to improve patients' safety.
On this page
We know that healthcare carries some risks and that while we work hard every day to reduce this risk, harm still happens. We are committed to doing all we can to deliver 'harm-free' care for every patient, every time.
Our commitment to you
We need to give patients confidence that we are doing all we can to ensure that the care they receive will be safe and effective at all times.
We foster an open culture where raising concerns and learning from mistakes is encouraged. The work of our safety team includes:
- A proactive approach to incident reporting
- The establishment of a successful training academy - the Gloucestershire Safety & Quality Improvement Academy (GSQIA)
- Regular visits to clinical areas by Executive team members with a focus on safety
- A commitment to learning from incidents
- Delivery of a range of patient and staff safety improvement initiatives, both national and local.
Read more about Keeping you Safe
Nosocomial COVID-19 Summary Report
In response to the pandemic, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust undertook a retrospective review of measures taken to reduce the risk of hospital-acquired (nosocomial) COVID-19 and manage outbreaks of COVID-19 infection. In addition, the Trust wrote to each patient or their next of kin who had acquired COVID-19 during their stay within our hospitals.
The summary report outlines the key learning and next steps.
The full report can be found here.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org