The Friends and Family Test
The Friends and Family Test is a national scheme which encourages patients to tell us and other patients what they think about the care they receive.
How can I give feedback?
If you would like to complete the friends and family test, please complete one of the following forms:
- Emergency department, Cheltenham General Hospital or Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Inpatients, Cheltenham General or Gloucestershire Royal
- Day surgery, Cheltenham General Hospital or Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Outpatients, Cheltenham General Hospital or Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Maternity, Cheltenham General Hospital, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital or Stroud General Hospital
- Children's inpatient or day surgery/case
About the Friends and Family Test
We ask patients the following question: 'How likely are you to recommend our hospital to friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment?' This is called the Friends and Family Test (FFT)
- patients who spend at least one night on a ward in our hospitals or visit hospital for a day for surgery or a procedure
- patients who attend our Emergency Department (ED)
- women using our maternity service
- patients who attend our outpatient departments.
Each month we publish details about how many people completed the Friends and Family Test and what they thought about their care.
We collect FFT feedback electronically in our Emergency Departments (A&Es) and all outpatient, inpatient and day case areas. Patients are contacted within 24 hours of discharge by SMS via their mobile phone or by Interactive Voice Messenger (IVM) via their land line and invited to tell us if they would recommend the department to their friends and family if they needed similar care or treatment and why.
How can I opt out of receiving the Friends and Family Test survey?
We are always working to improve the service we provide to you and your feedback enables us to look at areas that need improvement, as well as empowering staff to make changes that make a real difference to our patients and their care.
If you would rather not be contacted then please call the Patient Experience Improvement Team on 0300 422 5734.
For more information about how the Trust looks after your personal information, please see our privacy notice.
Our latest results
You can check our current FFT rating at: