We provide care throughout pregnancy, labour and birth to more than 6,000 women and their babies every year.
When you first learn you are pregnant, it’s important to contact an NHS professional as soon as possible.
Where to give birth
The choice you have about where to have your baby will depend on your needs and risks but our midwives will talk through this important decision with you.
Your labour and birth
Going into labour is exciting but it can also be nerve-racking, so it makes sense to be prepared well in advance.
From the moment you discover you are pregnant, your life is transformed. Our maternity services aim to provide all the support you need during this life-changing period, from ante-natal classes to state-of-the-art birthing facilities.
It's your choice
Whether you choose to give birth to your baby at home, in one of our relaxed, midwifery-led birth units, or in new obstetric delivery suite, as a mother-to-be you can rest assured that you and your baby are in capable hands.
Our highly skilled team of midwives, obstetricians and paediatricians can help you have the birth you want and provide medical expertise should you need it.
Want to speak to someone?
We hope these webpages will give you a taste of our maternity services. If you still have any questions, please speak to your community midwife or GP.
Cheltenham General Hospital
- The Cheltenham Aveta Birth Centre: 0300 422 2324
- Maternity Outpatients: 0300 422 2346
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital - The Women's Centre
- Maternity Advice Line/ Triage: 0300 422 5541
- Delivery Suite: 0300 422 5542
- The Birth Unit: 0300 422 5523
- Maternity Ward: 0300 422 5520
- Maternity Outpatients: 0300 422 6103
- Neo-natal Unit: 0300 422 5529
- 0300 421 8018
- 0300 422 5128 (Gloucester)
- 0300 422 2318 (Cheltenham)
- 0300 422 8567 (Forest of Dean)
- 0845 659 8141 (Lydney)
- 0300 421 6737 (Newent)
- 0844 815 1058 (Cinderford)
- 0300 421 8850 (Coleford)
- 0300 421 8018 (Stroud)
- 01285 884 561 (Cirencester)
Talk to us
If you have any concerns about your midwifery care or any aspect of your pregnancy, you might like to talk to one of our senior members of staff:
- Vivien Mortimore – Head of Midwifery and Divisional Director for Women’s and Children’s Services
- Kate Harrison - Assistant Director of Midwifery and Nursing
Please note that any urgent clinical enquiries should be directed to the Delivery Suite or Birth Centre (see numbers above).