As the largest employer in Gloucestershire, we offer a huge range of opportunities and benefits in a supportive and innovative working environment.
Whether you want to work in a caring role, or your skills are in a non-medical specialism like maintenance, administration or even food production, there’s a role for you at Gloucestershire Hospitals.
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates hospitals on our two main sites in Cheltenham and Gloucester, and we’re one of the largest NHS trusts in the country.
Our workforce of almost 8,000 staff provide high quality emergency, elective and specialist care across a range of clinical areas:
- we’re a centre of excellence for stroke care, oncology and trauma
- we have a large multi-disciplinary theatre team working in 32 operating theatres around our Gloucestershire sites
- our Research Office is heavily involved in clinical research at a national level, from testing new surgical devices, to trialling new treatments
- the Gloucestershire Safety and Quality Improvement Academy
We have recently been graded as ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), which is testament to our dedication and drive to improve clinical excellence, innovation and quality care.
We’re committed to developing a healthcare workforce of the highest quality, and we offer a range of courses for clinical and non-clinical staff.
Our in-house training programme brings together members of staff from across the workforce to learn together, promoting high quality care for our patients, and opportunities for staff to progress in their careers. We offer:
- undergraduate medical education
- postgraduate medical education
- nursing: pre-registration and post-registration development, preceptorship programme, a clinical skills programme, and a Return to Nursing programme
- leadership and management learning, including formal training, coaching and team development
- a full library and knowledge service
- on-site training centres, at both Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals
- e-Learning for existing staff
We partner with local universities and colleges, and support students in training across a number of professions. And we provide apprenticeships and work experience opportunities for people interested in a career with NHS Gloucestershire Hospitals.
We have a ‘bank’ of temporary staff, which works like a temporary employment agency. The bank offers additional and flexible working to existing employees, and people who want to work on a temporary or casual basis. Bank employees include:
- ward clerks
- outpatient clerks
- catering staff
All our Bank Staff vacancies are advertised on the NHS Jobs website.
Take a look at our video that shows just why Gloucestershire is such a great county to work in.
Follow us on Twitter
Keep up with the latest recruitment news by following us @GHNHSFTCareers