Working at our Trust
There are over 300 different NHS careers, from radiographers and doctors to specialist nurses and Healthcare Support Workers. We couldn’t provide care without them.
About our Trust
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust operates hospitals on our two main sites in Cheltenham and Gloucester, and we’re one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country.
Our workforce of 8,000+ staff provide high quality emergency, elective and specialist care across a range of clinical areas:
- we’re a centre of excellence for stroke care, oncology and trauma
- we have a large multi-disciplinary theatre team working in 32 operating theatres around our Gloucestershire sites
- our Research Office is heavily involved in clinical research at a national level, from testing new surgical devices, to trialing new treatments
- the Gloucestershire Safety and Quality Improvement Academy
View all of our current vacancies on NHS Jobs
Join our Midwifery Team - we're recruiting
We're passionate about ensuring women have a safe and life-enhancing experience during their maternity journey with us. We want dedicated, compassionate, and skilled professionals, who share in our passion, to join our inclusive midwifery team in our consultant led-unit at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital and our three midwifery-led birth units in Gloucester, Cheltenham and Stroud. Read more about being a Gloucestershire Midwife and why you should come and work with us.
Our current vacancies include;
Temporary Staffing (Bank and Locums)
Join our bank of temporary workers, we offer additional flexible hours for existing employees, and people who want to work on a temporary or flexible basis. Bank posts include (but are not limited to):
- Admin and Clerical
- Allied Health Professionals (AHP)
- Medical and Dental
- Nursing and Midwifery
Reasons to join our bank
- Competitive pay rates
- First choice of shifts (priority over agency)
- Flexible working to suit your lifestyle
- Weekly payroll
- Book and manage shifts online
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme
Our vacancies are also available on Health Jobs UK
About our teams
Learn about what it's like to work within each of our departments at Gloucestershire Hospitals.
New to care? Join our HCSW Team
Are you new to care, returning to care, or considering a career in the NHS? Are you intrigued as to what our hardworking and amazing HCA's do on a day-to-day basis? Then watch this informative webinar to find out more.
How to apply
- Apply online via NHS Jobs. Tell us how you meet the requirements for this post, particularly in the Supporting Information section. Give us details of your referees, preferably with email addresses, but make sure you ask them first.
- Shortlisting. We shortlist applicants based on your qualifications, training, employment history, and supporting information. None of your personal information will be available to those who are shortlisting.
- Interview. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be sent an email providing all the details. Please respond to say whether or not you will be attending.
- Conditional offer. If you are successful in your interview, we will make you a conditional offer. You will need to successfully complete our pre-employment checks.
- Confirmed offer. Once we have confirmed your offer of employment, we will send you various forms to be completed. This includes a form for a parking permit, an IT account, and your bank details. We will also send details of your induction.
- Documentary evidence of your identity
- Proof of your right to work in this country
- References and employment history
- Criminal records check
- Occupational health check
- Registration check (where applicable)
Thank you for your interest in working for us. If you are an overseas candidate from a green list country, register with our recruiting partner ID Medical. If you are an overseas candidate currently living in the UK, please apply through NHS Jobs.
Please note that due to the current WHO Global Code of Practice on the International Recruitment of Health Personnel, all recruitment activity is restricted between the UK and any red list country listed on GOV.UK. We are unable to accept your application until further notice. For more information, read the "Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England" page on GOV.UK.
We’re committed to developing a healthcare workforce of the highest quality, and we offer a range of courses for clinical and non-clinical staff.
Our in-house training programme brings together members of staff from across the workforce to learn together, promoting high quality care for our patients, and opportunities for staff to progress in their careers. We offer:
- undergraduate medical education
- postgraduate medical education
- nursing: pre-registration and post-registration development, preceptorship programme, a clinical skills programme, and a Return to Nursing programme
- leadership and management learning, including formal training, coaching and team development
- on-site training centres, at both Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals
- e-Learning for existing staff
We partner with local universities and colleges, and support students in training across a number of professions. And we provide apprenticeships and work experience opportunities for people interested in a career with NHS Gloucestershire Hospitals.