Join our foundation trust
From sharing your thoughts and ideas to influencing the way we provide hospital services, from electing our governors to becoming a governor yourself – there are many ways you can help us as a member.
If you live in Gloucestershire you can become a member of the Trust for free. When you register as a member, you can have real input into shaping the future of our hospitals. We have around 12,000 members of our Trust. Read our Membership Strategy
Join us today: it's quick, easy and its free!
Why become a member?
Becoming a member will give you the opportunity to learn more about what we do and to be involved in shaping services and sharing your views.
As a member you will...
- receive an annual newsletter, keeping you up to date with news and developments at our hospitals
- be invited to seminars/tours, meetings and events to gain an inside view on your hospital on various departments and specialities
- be invited to have your say about the future of the hospitals and services we provide to you
- be able to vote for a Governor or stand as a Governor. Find out more about Governors
- learn about volunteering opportunities and other ways you can get involved
- benefit from discounts on many purchases through NHS Discounts
Who can become a member?
- Anyone who lives in Gloucestershire can become a member (must be 15 or over)
- Anyone who lives outside Gloucestershire and has been a patient in one of our hospitals in the last years three years can become a member (must be 15 or over)
- Anyone who lives outside Gloucestershire and is caring for someone who is currently a patient at one of our hospitals or who has been a patient in the last three years
- All Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust employees and volunteers are automatically registered as members when they join the Trust.
If you have any further questions about becoming a member of our Trust please email us at email@example.com or call freephone 0800 019 3303. Alternatively you can write to us at:
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
Great Western Road
Gloucester GL1 3NN
Please note: Any information given to the Trust in connection with the NHS Foundation Trust status will only be used for that purpose. Names of members will be included on a public register. The information will be stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.