Join our Foundation Trust
From sharing your thoughts and ideas to influencing the way we provide hospital services, from electing our governors to becoming a governor yourself – there are many ways you can help us as a member.
If you live in Gloucestershire you can become a member of the Trust for free. When you register as a member, you can have real input into shaping the future of our hospitals. We have around 12,000 members of our Trust. Read our Membership Strategy
Join us today, it's quick, easy and its free.
Why become a member?
Becoming a member will give you the opportunity to learn more about what we do and to be involved in shaping services and sharing your views. As a member you will:
- receive an annual newsletter, keeping you up to date with news and developments at our hospitals.
- be invited to seminars/tours, meetings and events to gain an inside view on your hospital on various departments and specialities.
- be invited to have your say about the future of the hospitals and services we provide to you.
- be able to vote for a governor or stand as a governor. Find out more about governors.
- learn about volunteering opportunities and other ways you can get involved.
- benefit from discounts on many purchases through Health Service Discounts.
Who can become a member?
- anyone who lives in Gloucestershire can become a member (must be 15 or over)
- anyone who lives outside Gloucestershire and has been a patient in one of our hospitals in the last years 3 years can become a member (must be 15 or over)
- anyone who lives outside Gloucestershire and is caring for someone who is currently a patient at one of our hospitals or who has been a patient in the last 3 years
- all Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust employees and volunteers are automatically registered as members when they join the Trust
Communicating with our members
It’s more important than ever that we have your email address if you're a member of our Trust. It allows us to:
- update you with news about our Trust
- tell you about new opportunities to get involved
- contact you in a sustainable and cost efficient way
The amount of money spent on posting election material to our members this year could have been used to buy a patient monitor. This was a crucial piece of equipment in the treatment of COVID-19 patients. The amount of paper used was also the equivalent to around half the size of an average tree.
We are committed to our ambition of an involved and engaged membership, so please provide us with your details today so that we can take the next step forward.
If you have any further questions about becoming a member of our Trust please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call freephone 0800 019 3303. Alternatively you can write to us at:
Lower 2nd Floor
Cheltenham General Hospital
Any information given to the Trust in connection with the NHS Foundation Trust status will only be used for that purpose. Names of members will be included on a public register. The information will be stored and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Find out more in our membership privacy notice.