An apprenticeship at our hospitals is a great way of gaining qualifications, workplace experience, and it can help you take the first steps in your career with the NHS.
An apprenticeship at our hospitals provides an outstanding opportunity to earn while you learn, working alongside highly knowledgeable and skilled staff as well as making a difference to people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of exciting opportunities in clinical and non-clinical roles which can help you take the first steps in your career with the NHS.
Become an apprentice
There are a number of different apprenticeships available, and this could be the first pathway to your career in healthcare.
Our apprenticeships are suitable for anyone over the age of 16 who meet the relevant specification, and take between 1 to 4 years to complete.
Throughout your apprenticeship journey, you will:
- be supported in the workplace by a mentor
- have the equivalent of 1 day a week 'off-the-job training' to develop your learning
- have regular contact with the training provider and the apprenticeships and careers team
- have access to a virtual learning platform
- attend workshops, where you can discuss and share ideas
Our apprenticeship opportunities
We have apprenticeships available in a range of clinical and non-clinical areas of our hospitals, including:
- healthcare support
- business and administration
- content production
- children and young people
- healthcare science
- horticulture and landscaping
An apprenticeship with Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust can lead you to a range of career opportunities, even if you're not yet sure which path you want to take.
Benefits of our apprenticeships
An apprenticeship with Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust will give you:
- structured training with an employer that lead to nationally recognised qualifications
- a route into hundreds of different careers, including many in organisations that provide NHS healthcare
- the opportunity to work alongside experienced staff, to gain job specific skills
- a wage while you learn
- holiday pay
- NHS and student discounts
- a county apprentice travel card
Many of our apprentices have moved into full time roles with us after completing their studies, and a number have gone on to study higher level apprenticeships.
Find out what it's like to be an apprentice at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
The best thing about the apprenticeship here is that it feels like I'm part of something bigger. That's really important to me. I'd definitely recommend an apprenticeship, it's the best decision I've made.
An apprenticeship is a really rewarding experience, and the organisation continues to develop me. You learn not only work skills, but social skills, and it rounds and builds you as a person. I haven't looked back.
Find an apprenticeship
All our live apprenticeship opportunities are published on the NHS jobs website.
The apprenticeships and careers team can also offer information, advice and guidance to apprenticeships and future career choices.
If you would like to speak to a member of our team, email us at email@example.com or call us on 0300 422 5176.
You can also follow us on Twitter @GH_Apprentices or Instagram @ghft_apprenticeships for updates.