Looking for volunteer hairdressers and nail technicians to support cancer patients
We are looking for volunteer hair dressers and nail technicians to help cancer patients
Focus Support Centre, Oncology Centre, Cheltenham General Hospital is looking for volunteer hair dressers and nail technicians to help cancer patients
FOCUS is committed to engaging volunteers in meaningful roles that enhance our services and add value to the patient experience. Our volunteers love making a real difference to people's lives. We are currently looking for a trained hairdresser with experience of cutting and styling and a qualified nail technician.
We feel it is important for cancer patients to get some feel good time and forget about being in hospital. Bring your skills, knowledge and experience in hair styling and health and beauty to provide support to people on the wards affected by cancer.
- Style and cut hair
- Provide advice on hair maintenance for people in and after treatment
- Paint nails
Preferred qualities and skills
- Qualified hairdresser with experience of cutting and styling or NVQ level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Strong listening skills with ability to relate and respond well to people
- Able to understand the needs and backgrounds of others
- Can respond to people’s needs in a flexible and open manner
Note: This is a regulated activity so you’ll be required to have an enhanced criminal records check.
What will you get out of it?
- Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you
- Meet and work with new people in your community
- Use and develop your customer service skills, enhancing your CV
- Receive an induction
- Enjoy the full support of your volunteer manager
How much time should I give?
We’re looking for someone who can ideally give 3 or 4 hours a week or more if you have the time, for six months or more. The role is available between 9am and 4.00pm Monday to Friday during the centre’s opening hours.
For further information please call Ali Williams on 0300 422 4414 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org