13 March - 17 April: disruption at GRH
Disruption due to building work at GRH will affect vehicle access to the Main Atrium entrance over these dates
From 13 March - 17 April
Cranage works will be ongoing from 13 March to 17 April to install critical infrastructure for the IGIS Hub. This means that access to the ED and main Atrium will be disrupted. Parking outside the Atrium will NOT be available at this time. This may cause congestion around the site and you may wish to allow extra time to get to your appointments.
Internal corridor closures (ground and first floor of the atrium) 14 March - 13 April
Three corridors will be closed while the crane disruption continues as cranes will be lifting over the building. This affects the corridor on the ground floor with the large timelapse photograph and the first-floor corridor between AMU and first-floor Outpatients, and the corridor from the Atrium (by Costa) to Radiology 1. The corridors will be periodically open and closed between 14 - 27 March, and then closed every weekday between 28 March - 6 April. This applies from 8am - 6pm on weekdays only.
Atrium users (including Outpatient and Paediatric appointments)
- For vehicle access to the Atrium (drop-off), this means accessing the atrium via other routes; for example, the Therapies Entrance including disabled parking (access via Beacon House entrance). Disabled car parking is available as marked on the map.
- For pedestrian access, this means following the green path indicated on the map
- Patient transport ambulances dropping/picking up patients for outpatient appointments will drop them at the Therapies entrance
Emergency Department (ED) users
- Ambulances: normal route – unaffected by these works
- Pedestrians: follow signs and see the map below