Staff Awards 2023: round-up and winners
Our annual Staff Awards took place over two evenings on 8 and 9 November. Read about the winners, see the Patient's Choice film and view the brochure, which includes a short outline about each of the shortlisted candidates.
Each year, our staff awards provide the opportunity to recognise the hard work, dedication and amazing care given by both individual colleagues and teams. Most of our categories are nominated by staff, for staff, with the exception of our Patient's Choice award, which is open to patients and their families and our Lifetime Achievement Award, which is proposed and voted for by our Trust Leadership Team (TLT).
The awards ceremonies on 8 and 9 November were hosted by our Chief Executive, Deborah Lee and our Chair, Deborah Evans. They were made possible through sponsorship raised by our Hospitals Charity.
Regardless of the changing external environment, it is the people, our people, who retain that vital connection to doing the very best for our patients and our communities.Deborah Evans, Chair
All the shortlisted candidates chosen by the panel fought off strong competition to win their place on the shortlist. This year there were over 800 nominations, including 180 from patients in our Patient's Choice category. However, there can only be one winner on the night!
Huge thanks to the Cheltenham and Gloucester Hospitals Charity for their support for our awards and to all our sponsors who made this celebration possible. Our sponsors and supporters were: ID Medical, GMS, Kier, Colour Connection, Health Innovation West of England, Robert Hall, Barry Preece, The Richards Family, Locum’s Nest and One Gloucestershire.
Wednesday 8 November: Night 1
- Apprentice of the year: Oliver Pennels
- Outstanding Non-Clinical leader: Dickie Head
- Volunteer of the Year: Ros Smith
- Support Services Ambassador: The GMS Catering Team
- GSQIA Patient Safety Associates: Matt Nelmes, Margaret Collins, Helena-Rose Fletcher, Anna Bond
- GSQIA Gold awards: Catrin Davies, Rebecca Mustow, Zara Strinati, Natasha Davy
- Healthcare Professional of the Year: Anna Umali
- The Richards Family Bursary: Sarah Fishlock, Jelome Micah Ramos, Yordanka Ivanova, Temy Thomas, Emma Grange
- Cultural Icon: Juwairiyia Motala
- The Patient’s Choice award: Asma Pandor
Thursday 9 November: Night 2
- Rising Star: Chi Eze
- Exceptional contribution to research, teaching or innovation: Hannah Chant
- Outstanding Clinical Leader
Winner: Helen Mansfield
Highly Commended: Jo Crisp
- Unsung Hero:
Winner: Alaa Mahmoud
Highly Commended: Marta Pieciak
- The Integrated Care Award: Faye Noble
- Living our values: Rachel Currie
- Healthcare Team of the Year:
Winner: Maternity Triage
Highly Commended: Former Gallery Ward team
- Lifetime Achievement award: Deborah Lee
You can read more about the winners and the shortlisted candidates in our 2023 Staff Awards Brochure
Patient's Choice 2023 film
I have said on many occasions that serving in the NHS is a huge privilege, not least because it offers us the opportunity to make a positive impact on so many people’s lives. I remain in awe of the way that all of you have risen to the challenges we have faced this year by continuing to provide the very best quality of care.Deborah Lee, Chief Executive (CEO)