This section within Haematology is currently equipped with a Coulter FC500 flow cytometer.
As with all the sections within Haematology, the flow cytometry section participates in a comprehensive national quality control scheme and also a regional programme to ensure that best practice is maintained and a quality service is provided to our users.
The tests currently performed include:
- CD4 Quantitation in HIV Disease
- Chronic / Low Grade Lymphoproliferative Disease Panels
- Acute / High Grade Immunophenotyping Panels
- GPI Linked Proteins for Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria (PNH)
- Lymphocyte Subsets
- Foetal-maternal Haemorrhage Quantitation (following a positive Kleihauer test)
Please avoid sending Flow Cytometry requests on Fridays or weekends except by prior arrangement.