The Immunology laboratory provides a comprehensive clinical diagnostic service to the Gloucestershire Royal and Cheltenham General Hospitals, as well as the local community. It is located in the Pathology area of the hospital.
The laboratory has a full programme of internal and external Quality Control and Quality Assurance to ensure that standards are maintained. We participate fully in National Quality Control schemes. Assays are reported in standardised international units where a reference preparation is available. If it is necessary to refer work, where possible this will be to other CPA or UKAS accredited laboratories. Where this is not possible, reference laboratories are selected on National or International reputation in specialist assays. The laboratory is approved for Biomedical Scientist training by the IBMS (Institute of Biomedical Scientists).
Normal Laboratory Hours
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Rebecca Frewin, Consultant Haematologist, Telephone: 0300 422 4057
- Alexandros Grammatikos, Consultant Immunologist, Telephone: 0300 422 5204 (Wednesdays), 0117 414 8393 (other days)
- Alison Eades, Laboratory Manager, Telephone: 0300 422 5215, 0300 422 4055
- Coral Jones, Laboratory Lead, Telephone: 0300 4225245 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Armitage, Specialist Senior BMS Immunology, Telephone: 0300 422 5245, email: email@example.com