Post-graduate Medical Education
The department of Postgraduate Medical Education supports the education and development of doctors in training, staff grade and Associate Specialists (SAS) as well as Consultants throughout their career.
We are part of Health Education South West - Severn and work closely with them to deliver important healthcare priorities and assist them in monitoring our progress.
We strive to ensure all doctors in Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have a high quality induction to the Trust and department, experience good educational and clinical supervision which facilitates their learning in a safe environment.
We support and organise a wide range of clinical and educational skill development courses from Training the Trainers and Professional and Generic Skills to Simulation Training, Medical Grand Rounds and much more besides.
The departmental culture is open, friendly and supportive of all doctors and we are happy to address any queries regarding education and training.
- Director of Medical Education: Dr Russell Peek
- PA to Director of Medical Education: Rachel Gadsden (0300 422 6091)
- Medical Education Manager: Samantha Taylor (0300 422 4291)
- Foundation Programme Director F2 (CGH): Dr Nick Reed
- Foundation Programme Director F2 (GRH): Dr Susanna De Gressi
- Foundation Programme Director F1 (CGH): Dr Adam Rye
- Foundation Programme Director F1 (GRH): Dr Chris McAloon
- Foundation Programme Coordinator: Marion Thompson (0300 422 6727)
- Foundation Programme Administrator: Emma Davis (0300 422 6691)
- Divisional Clinical Tutor and RCP College Tutor: Dr Ananthakrishnan Raghuram
- Clinical Tutor for Postgraduate Medical Education Research: Dr Peter Fletcher
- Humanities & Ethics Tutor: Dr Sam Guglani
- Clinical Tutors for Ongoing Professional Development: Dr Hugo Hunton
- Careers Tutor: Dr Susannah Jenkin
- GPST Training Programme Co-ordinator: Hilary Carter-Thompson (0300 422 3037)
- Medical Education Administrator (GP) & Secretary to SuppoRTT Champion: Lindsey Buckenham (0300 422 4292)
- Study Leave Co-ordinator & PGME/GGPET Administrator: Rachel Gadsden (0300 422 6091)
- Course Coordinator: Sophie Field (0300 422 3038)
- Postgraduate Medical Education Fellows
Post-graduate Medical Education at Cheltenham General Hospital
- General enquiries: 0300 422 2880
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post-graduate Medical Education at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- General enquiries: 0300 422 5194
- Email: email@example.com