Staff Awards 2018 winners
This year's winners were announced on 29 November
On this page
The winners of our annual Staff Awards were announced at our glittering Staff Awards ceremony on the evening of 29th November at Hatherley Manor.
For us, the awards are a celebration of the hard work, loyalty and dedication of individuals and teams across our hospitals (Cheltenham General, Gloucestershire Royal and Stroud Maternity Unit).Teams and individual members of staff were presented with Awards after being nominated by colleagues and patients for their contributions to our services.
Shortlisted candidates for each category attended with winners announced on the night.Our Staff Awards aims to thank staff for their hard work, their innovation and for the outstanding care they provide for patients in the county.
The very popular Patient’s Choice award (see films below) was a highlight of the evening and we also recognised Long Service with awards for those with 25 years of service to the NHS.
We were fortunate to have attracted sponsors to enable us to make the awards something really special for our staff. Their involvement allows us to create links with local businesses and gives them the opportunity to attend the evening and hear at first hand some of the wonderful things our staff have done over the year. Thanks to all of them for their continued support of our Trust.
Chief Executive Deborah Lee:
“Being part of the NHS is a huge privilege, not least as it provides us all with the opportunity to make a positive impact on so many people’s lives.”
"Our shortlisted candidates and winners of this year’s awards have all demonstrated outstanding qualities and I take great personal pride in being a part of this celebration.”
For more information please contact the Communications Team at email@example.com
Read about all the candidates in our brochure
- Support Services Ambassador winner: Sarah Brown, Communications
- Healthcare Scientist of the Year: Sarah Brownsteen
- Exceptional contribution to Research: Elaine Willmore
- Health Professional of the Year: Mo Betteridge
- Exceptional contribution to Safety and Quality: Cath Butler
- Innovation and Service Improvement Award: Dr John Boyes
- Gold QI Coaches Awards
- Healthcare Team of the Year: Macmillan Skin Cancer Nurses
- Exceptional contribution to Patient Experience: Vulnerable Women’s Team
- The Denise Barr Excellence in Nursing Award: Vicky Poole
- The Richards Family Bursary: Maria Tess Juan
- Long Service Awards
- 50 year service awards: Pat Flury and Deb Harrison
- Unsung Hero Award: Dr Judith Stedeford
- Volunteer of the year: Ann Jackson
- Outstanding Clinical Leader: Dr Rob Stacey
- Outstanding Non-Clinical Leader: Felicity Taylor-Drewe
- The Learning & Development Award: Library Services Team
- Apprentice of the Year: Emily Herbert
- The Patient’s Choice Award: Brain Injury Team
- Lifetime Achievement: Dr Ian Donald
Patient's Choice films
Our three shortlisted Patient's Choice candidates were chosen from over 100 entries. Here, the people who nominated them tell their amazing stories.
GRH Plaster Nurses
Midwife Charlotte Harford
The Brain Injury team