Journey to Parenthood personalised care plan
The Journey to Parenthood is for you, your partner, or anyone else involved in your pregnancy to record what matters to you at each stage of your maternity journey. It will be given to you to carry in your hand-held maternity notes.
Your maternity notes that you carry with you during your pregnancy.
The Journey to Parenthood is for you, your partner, or anyone else involved in your pregnancy to record what matters to you at each stage of your maternity journey. This is known as a personalised care plan, where you can talk about anything that’s concerning you with your midwife and the other clinical staff who are supporting your care.
You might want to use it to tell us about :
- your expectations about being pregnant, giving birth and becoming a parent
- your home/family/professional life and support networks
- your previous experiences of pregnancy and childbirth
- your fears and concerns
- information about tests, screening and your feeding plans
- your chosen place of birth and pain relief options
- your physical and mental health needs
- your health and wellbeing
It will stay in your notes all the way through your pregnancy, so you’ll have a record of what you talked about and what the outcome was.
We know that personalised care means safer care and we hope that you’ll find that this simple plan is a useful tool as you plan for your baby’s birth.