See a physiotherapist
Find out how you can refer yourself or your child to see a physiotherapist.
Last updated: 26 March 2021
Lots of aches and pains can be improved by following simple guidance. Before you refer yourself to our adult physiotherapy service, read more information about how you can help yourself at home.
We aim to offer an initial telephone assessment and advice in the first instance, but can provide video calls or face to face appointments if clinically required.
If you live in Cheltenham or Gloucester
You can self refer to Gloucestershire Hospitals adult physiotherapy service if you are registered with a GP in Cheltenham or Gloucester.
You do not need to see your GP to self refer, but you will need to know:
- the name of your GP and your GP surgery
- your MRN or NHS number
Call back service
Once you have completed a self referral, a physiotherapist will call you back to assess your needs. We will then agree the best option for you, which may include:
- exercises, which will be sent to you by post or email
- an appointment for further assessment or treatment
If you would like to speak to a member of the adult physiotherapy service, you can contact us on:
- 0300 422 3040, Cheltenham General Hospital (8am to 5pm)
- 0300 422 8527, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital (7.30am to 5.30pm)
To refer a child up to 16 years old, or 16 to 19 years old and in full time education, please call children’s physiotherapy on 0300 421 6980.
We are open Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) from 9am to midday.
Other physiotherapy services in Gloucestershire
You can also refer yourself to physiotherapy services in other hospitals in Gloucestershire. Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust offer services at the following locations:
- Cirencester Hospital
- Dilke Hospital
- Fairford Hospital
- George Moore Outpatient Clinic
- Lydney Hospital, including Coleford Health Centre
- North Cotswolds Hospital
- Stroud General Hospital and GP surgeries
- Tetbury Hospital
- Tewkesbury Hospital
- The Vale Hospital
- Winchcombe Medical Centre