How can I see a physiotherapist?
Find out how to refer yourself or your child to a physiotherapist.
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), we aim to offer an initial telephone assessment and advice in the first instance, but can provide video calls or face to face appointments if clinically required.
Before referring yourself, please remember that a lot of aches and pains can be improved by following simple advice. Read more about 'How I can help myself.'
- You don't need to see a GP to refer yourself
- You will need to know your GP's name and where they practise to complete the form
- Your MRN or NHS number is not required to complete the form, but it is helpful to us if you know it
Self-referral for community hospitals
You can also self-refer to the Adult Physiotherapy service provided by Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust at the following sites by using the links below:
- North Cotswolds Hospital
- George Moore Outpatient Clinic
- Tewkesbury Hospital
- Winchcombe Medical Centre
- Lydney Hospital including Coleford Health Centre
- Dilke Hospital
- Stroud General Hospital plus GP surgeries
- The Vale Hospital
- Cirencester Hospital
- Fairford Hospital
- Tetbury Hospital
Physio call back
We can arrange for a physiotherapist to call you back to assess your needs. You can then agree the best option for you. This may be advice only or may also include:
- Exercises which will be sent to you in the post or via email
- An appointment for further assessment/treatment as appropriate.
All patients who need to be seen are given appointments based on clinical need and in line with the current waiting times.
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital: (07:30–17:30): 0300 422 8527
- Cheltenham General Hospital (08:00–17:00): 0300 422 3040
To refer a child (aged 0–16 years or 16–19 years if in full time education) for Physiotherapy, please call:
Children's Physiotherapy Direct on 0300 421 6980
Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) 9am to 12pm