How can I see a physiotherapist?
Find out how to refer yourself or your child to a physiotherapist.
Before referring yourself, please remember that a lot of aches and pains can be improved by following simple advice. Read more about 'How I can help myself.'
You can refer yourself, without seeing a GP, to our adult physiotherapy service by completing an online form:
Self-referral for community hospitals
You can also self-refer to the Adult Physiotherapy service provided by Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust at the following sites by using the links below:
- North Cotswolds Hospital
- George Moore Outpatient Clinic
- Tewkesbury Hospital
- Winchcombe Medical Centre
- Lydney Hospital including Coleford Health Centre
- Dilke Hospital
- Stroud General Hospital plus GP surgeries
- The Vale Hospital
- Cirencester Hospital
- Fairford Hospital
- Tetbury Hospital
Physio call back
We can arrange for a physiotherapist to call you back to assess your needs. You can then agree the best option for you. This may be advice only or may also include:
- Exercises which will be sent to you in the post or via email
- An appointment for further assessment/treatment as appropriate.
All patients who need to be seen are given appointments based on clinical need and in line with the current waiting times.
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital: (07:30–17:30): 0300 422 8527
- Cheltenham General Hospital (08:00–17:00): 0300 422 3040
To refer a child (aged 0–16 years or 16–19 years if in full time education) for Physiotherapy, please call:
Children's Physiotherapy Direct on 0300 421 6980
Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) 9am to 12pm