13th Silver Graduation & Awards Ceremony (28th June 2019)
The 13th GSQIA Graduation and Awards Ceremony took place on Friday, 28th of June 2019 from 9:30am – 12.30pm in the Lecture Hall at Redwood Education Centre, Gloucestershire Royal Hospital.
The award ceremony marked the end of the 6 month, Silver – Quality Improvement in Action Programme for staff who have been working on their improvement projects across the Trust. This event gave each team the opportunity to share their work and their learning and for the Trust to recognise and celebrate their achievements.
The Winners of 13th Silver Graduation are:
Best Quality Improvement Project
Best Quality Improvement Poster & Best Promoted Project
At the conclusion of the programme participants have also graduated as Silver – Quality Improvement Practitioners, recognised by the presentation of a Silver QI pin badge and a certificate.
List of Quality Improvement Initiatives
- To increase completion of the First Priority Form to 90% by May 2019 by Emma Harker and Helen Russell
- Fast and Flexible; Therapy to improve flow and support early discharge from Hospital by Caroline Phelps
- Fluids Balance Charts: improving completion and accuracy by Helen Overton, Silvia Oliva and Vivienne McCrorie
- To Reduce Length of Time to Post Discharge Therapy for Fractured Neck of Femur Patients (#NOF) by Terry Flemons
- The introduction of dietetic supplementary prescribing in the renal dialysis population in the management of Chronic Kidney Disease-Mineral Bone Disorder (CKD-MBD) by Liz Brice and Sally Pugh
- Improving visiting times for patients & their families on Rendcomb Ward by Emily O’ Sullivan, Nick Simmonds and Nicole Roper
- Improving the Completeness and Accuracy of NEWS2 Observation Recording by Alli Patchett
- Reducing length of stay and enhancing patient experience through post-discharge wound care of fracture hip of femur repairs by Donna Little
- S.H.E.D:- To improve the support offered to dads in the first 24 hours from delivery by 50% in six (6) months by Elizabeth Tenn-Stewart