Mr Andrei Ilczyszyn
09:00 - 17:00
Date of registration
1 Aug 2006
Primary medical qualifications
BSc(Hons), MBBS, FRCS(Gen Surg), MD(Res)
Consultant Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon
Andrei Ilczyszyn was appointed as a consultant Bariatric and Upper GI Surgeon at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in February 2022.
Andrei qualified from St George's Hospital Medical School, London in 2006 and undertook higher surgical training on the North East Thames rotation. At the end of his training he spent over two years as the RCS Fellow in Bariatric and Upper GI Surgery at the UCLH Bariatric Centre for Weight Management and Metabolic Surgery. He also holds an MD(Res) from King's College London for his work on oesophageal physiology applied to surgery for reflux disease and achalasia.
His clinical interests are focussed on bariatric surgery, oesophageal benign disease, oesophageal physiology and minimally invasive general surgery.
Areas of expertise:
- Bariatric surgery
- Anti-reflux and hiatus hernia surgery
- Minimally invasive abdominal wall hernia surgery
- Benign biliary and gallstone surgery
- Emergency general surgery
- Oesophageal physiology
- Endoscopy sessions at Gloucestershire Royal Hospital
- Theatre sessions at Cheltenham General Hospital
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Upper GI Clinic
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital General Clinic
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital Bariatric Clinic