Antenatal and Hypnobirthing
These sessions are led by midwives who facilitate conversations, lead discussions, and answer questions on various topics around your labour, birth, and life with your baby. Health Visitors join the 4th session on life with your baby. Please see below for more information. These groups are suitable from when you are approximately 28 weeks pregnant. You will also have the opportunity to get to know other people having babies at the same time as you. Each session will last approximately 1-1.5 hours.
To Book - please discuss with your midwife.
|Week 1: Labour||Week 2: Birth||Week 3: Feeding Your Baby||Week 4: Life with Your Baby|
|Signs of labour||Looking after your body in pregnancy||Pros and Cons of Breast and Bottle Feeding||Responsive parenting|
|Birth environment||Giving birth - water and land birth||How to feed effectively||Sleeping patterns|
|Early labour and established labour||Assisted birth||Signs of a well fed baby||Safe sleeping|
|Coping with pain||Caesarean birth||Feeding patterns||Coping with a crying baby|
|Induction||The placenta||Your emotional wellbeing|
|Where to have your baby||Skin to skin and bonding with your baby|
Our popular midwife-led NHS hypnobirthing courses are available to book for 2022.
Our NHS hypnobirthing classes are led by Gloucestershire midwives who work in the areas where you will birth your babies, and the techniques we teach are fully supported by the Gloucestershire maternity team.
Hypnobirthing can help you work with your body, releasing the fears and worries of birth and replacing them with calmness and confidence.
Our hypnobirthing courses are complete antenatal courses. They combine in-depth knowledge about labour and birth, with hypnobirthing skills including breathing and deep relaxation techniques. They give you and your birth partner the information and tools you need to cope with labour and birth.
Who Is It For? Anyone!
Our NHS hypnobirthing course is for everyone, from those having their first baby to those who have previously experienced a difficult birth or cesarean birth. Hypnobirthing teaches gentle birth techniques that can benefit just about anyone who is planning to give birth in any environment and can be used for all types of birth.
The courses are run by NHS midwives who are trained hypnobirthing practitioners, and cover:
- the process of labour and how to work with your body
- the relationship between pain and labour
- practice positions for birth
- deep relaxation and breathing techniques
- the impact of hormones on labour and birth
- the importance of the birth environment and how to create a calm birth room
Courses are for groups of 6-8 couples/individuals. The cost is £125, which includes:
- 10 hours of interactive teaching from trained Gloucestershire hypnobirthing NHS midwives
- A book with all the course content, hypnobirthing scripts, and other tools
- MP3 Downloads of music, relaxations, and hypnobirthing scripts.
You can attend from 28 weeks pregnant. Some concessionary prices are available, by contacting us at email@example.com
Maternity Voices Partnership hypnobirthing Q&A and our Gloucestershire NHS Hypnobirthing leaflet.
Instagram page for more information: https://www.instagram.com/hypnobirthing_nhs_glos/
The next available hypnobirthing course dates are as follows:
July 2022, face to face at Stroud Maternity Hospital:
- Saturday 9th July: 10.00 - 16.00
- Saturday 16th July: 10.00 - 16.00
- No course running
September 2022, face to face at Gloucester Royal Hospital:
- Wednesday 31st August: 18.00 - 20.30
- Wednesday 7th September: 18.00 - 20.30
- Wednesday 14th September: 18.00 - 20.30
- Wednesday 21st September: 18.00 - 20.30
October 2022, face to face at Stroud Maternity Hospital:
- Monday 26th September: 18.00 - 20.30
- Monday 3rd October: 18.00 - 20.30
- Monday 10th October: 18.00 - 20.30
- Monday 17th October: 18.00 - 20.30
Dates beyond this to be confirmed soon, please get in touch via email for the latest information.
You can book or find out more by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Short information films
We've set up a playlist of short films providing you and your partner with some information on your pregnancy, birth and the early days with your baby.