Training and education
We're committed to developing a healthcare workforce of the highest quality and offer a range a courses for clinical and non-clinical staff.
Our aim is to prepare staff to provide safe, effective, high quality care for our patients as well as to provide opportunities for staff to progress in their careers.
Through our in-house training programme, we promote initiatives which bring together members of staff from across the workforce to learn together, with the aim of enhancing patient care through mutual understanding and team working.
Working in partnership with local universities and colleges, we support students in training across a number of professions and provide apprenticeships and work experience opportunities for people interested in a career in the NHS.
What we offer
- Undergraduate medical education
- Postgraduate medical education
- Nursing: pre-registration and post-registration development, preceptorship programme, HCA development, a clinical skills programme and a Return to Nursing programme
- Leadership and management: we offer a framework of learning options including formal training, coaching and team development
- The Gloucestershire Safety & Quality Improvement Academy
- A full library and knowledge service
- E-learning (available for existing staff only)
- On site training centres at both Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals.
Members of staff can find out more about Education and Training on the staff intranet.