Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) has risen alarmingly over the last 40 years and inappropriate use of antimicrobials is a key driver. Promoting and monitoring the judicious use of antimicrobials to preserve their future effectiveness is critical
A new MicroGuide app has been launched, so you can access antibiotic guidelines on your mobile phone. The app is available to:
- all prescribers of antimicrobials
- staff who review and administer antimicrobials
- trained nurses
You can download the MicroGuide app from your app store. Once you have installed the app, you will need to:
- accept the terms and conditions of the app
- complete your name and email address
- complete details about your role
- select Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- review your details and select Start
You will need to select both adult antimicrobial and paediatric antimicrobial guides to access the relevant guidelines.
Download the MicroGuide user guide for more information.
Adult antimicrobial guide
The adult antimicrobial guide will give you access to:
- treatment guidelines (under body systems)
- prophylaxis guidelines (under prophylaxis)
- renal dosing (under drug, in the top left corner of your screen)
Paediatric antimicrobial guide
The paediatric antimicrobial guide will give you access to treatment guidelines, which are found under the body systems heading.