Central Booking Office
0300 422 5327
Endocrinology is the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the endocrine system (a collection of glands that produce hormones to regulate the body’s metabolic rate), such as diabetes, nutritional disorders and sexual problems.
The department provides the following outpatient services:
- general endocrinology service
- diabetes medicine service
- lipid disorders service
- joint neurosurgical pituitary clinic
- neuro-endocrine tumour service.
Please note: not all services are provided at every location.
Inpatient services are based at:
- Cheltenham General Hospital on Woodmancote Ward
- Gloucestershire Royal Hospital on various wards
There are four consultant physicians in endocrinology who each lead a team of specialist doctors and nurses. As a patient you may be seen by the clinician or by a doctor or nurse within their team. The clinician has overall responsibility for your care.
In addition to the two main hospitals, our clinicians hold outpatient clinics at Cirencester and Tewkesbury Hospital.
For appointments, please contact the Central Booking Office on 0300 422 5327.