Continence service (adults)
0300 422 5305
0300 422 5306
0300 422 5304
0300 422 5303
8.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding weekends and bank holidays.
We provide care and support to patients experiencing bladder or bowel dysfunction.
Our team of continence nurse specialists and administrative staff can provide support for a range of conditions. Specific treatments and investigations include:
- Pelvic floor re-education: (including Electrical Stimulation and Bio-feedback). These treatments are used to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and are used in the treatment of stress incontinence
- Bladder re-training: A treatment for urgency and urge incontinence.
- Urinary Catheters: For specialist advice, care and support.
- Intermittent Self Catheterisation (ISC): Teaching and follow up for individuals performing ISC
- Prostate Assessment (limited service): For fast track assessment of men with symptoms that suggest prostate enlargement
- Bladder Scanning: Assessing bladder emptying by scanning the bladder with a portable ultrasound scanner can be arranged through the Continence Service
- Urodynamic and Ano Rectal physiology investigations: These are specialist tests used in the investigation for bladder and bowel dysfunction.
- Bladder and Bowel Foundation
- Continence Foundation
- NICE - Guidelines for lower urinary tract symptoms. The management of lower urinary tract symptoms in men
- NICE - Urinary incontinence: The management of urinary incontinence in women
- NICE - Faecal incontinence: The management of faecal incontinence in adults
- Pad order: 0300 422 5305
- Nurse helpline: 0300 422 5306
- Appointments: 0300 422 5304
- General enquiries: 0300 422 5303
- Email: email@example.com
Our opening hours are 8.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday excluding weekends and bank holidays.
The Best Care For Everyone