We provide care and support to patients experiencing bladder or bowel dysfunction.
Our team of continence nurse specialists and administrative staff can provide support for a range of conditions. Specific treatments and investigations include:
- Pelvic floor re-education: (including Electrical Stimulation and Bio-feedback). These treatments are used to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles and are used in the treatment of stress incontinence
- Bladder re-training: A treatment for urgency and urge incontinence.
- Urinary Catheters: For specialist advice, care and support.
- Intermittent Self Catheterisation (ISC): Teaching and follow up for individuals performing ISC
- Prostate Assessment (limited service): For fast track assessment of men with symptoms that suggest prostate enlargement
- Bladder Scanning: Assessing bladder emptying by scanning the bladder with a portable ultrasound scanner can be arranged through the Continence Service
- Urodynamic and Ano Rectal physiology investigations: These are specialist tests used in the investigation for bladder and bowel dysfunction.
- Bladder and Bowel Foundation
- Continence Foundation
- NICE - Guidelines for lower urinary tract symptoms. The management of lower urinary tract symptoms in men
- NICE - Urinary incontinence: The management of urinary incontinence in women
- NICE - Faecal incontinence: The management of faecal incontinence in adults
- Pad order and enquiries: 0300 422 5303 or 0300 422 5305
- Nurse helpline: 0300 422 5306
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 0300 422 5311
Our opening hours are 8.30am - 3.30pm, Monday-Friday excluding weekends and bank holidays.